Have you always been self-conscious about having crooked teeth? Maybe you have wanted to do something about it for years, but haven’t because of all of the downsides that can come with metal braces. Invisalign® may be the answer for you!
What is Invisalign?
You probably know someone who uses Invisalign, but you wouldn’t know it just by looking at them, and you may be surprised when they tell you. Invisalign uses close-to-invisible trays to gradually straighten your teeth. You are given a new tray every 2 weeks or so, and these trays gently move your teeth into their proper place. Here are just a few benefits of using Invisalign trays:
• You can eat what you want. When you have metal braces, you are told to stay away from hard or chewy foods that might damage your braces. With Invisalign you don’t have to worry , because when you want to eat or drink, you just take out your tray.
• You can clean your teeth thoroughly and easily. When you have metal braces, it can be quite the trick to get the floss in between your teeth, but, again, you simply remove your Invisalign tray when it is time to brush and floss.
• They can be used to help many dental issues. Invisalign is commonly thought of as a treatment for crooked teeth, but it also helps patients with an under- or overbite, protruding teeth, or crossbite (when the upper teeth sit inside of the lower teeth). Correcting dental issues also prevents jaw problems and pain.
• They are less painful than metal braces. You don’t have to deal with the discomfort of having your braces tightened, and you don’t have to worry about brackets rubbing against your cheek or wires poking you.
• The treatment time is less than it is with metal braces. Every patient is different, of course, but some treatments take as little as 4 months.
If you have always wanted straighter teeth but didn’t want to have to deal with metal braces, contact Bentz Dental Implant & Prosthodontic Center to discuss all of the benefits of Invisalign! Call the office in East Norriton, PA, for an appointment, at (610) 272-6949!